Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nero My Heart to Thee

Sedàra

Grape Variety: Nero d'Avola
IGT Sicilia
Alcohol: 14%
Price: $35
Aromas: blackberry, bramble, floral, smoked meat
Flavors: cherry, blackberry, fig, blueberry, tomato

Summary: This is a fun wine. There are lots of yummy layers of fruit and spice on the nose along with a floral component that reminds me of Bounce dryer sheets. The flavor is really savory like tomato but also has lush fruit components, and just the right balance of tannins (I'm so burned out on tough wines right now). The finish is long and playful, with pure blueberry aftertaste. I love this wine. This wine makes me happy. You can't put a price tag on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No indeed - you can't put a price on happiness. A long and playful finish is surely what we;re after?

Taster B said...

indeed!